Option+ Nicotine Transdermal Patch Step 3 - 7 Clear Patches
Stop Smoking Aid
7mg nicotine delivered over 24 hours
Should be used as part of a complete stop smoking program. The effectiveness of this product is directly related to your motivation to stop smoking. Consult your pharmacist or physician regarding the availability of smoking cessation programs in your area.
Do not use if you are a non-smoker or occasional smoker.
Directions: Before using this product, read the enclosed user's guide for complete directions and other information.
- Stop smoking completely when you begin using the patch.
- If you smoke more than 10 cigarettes per day, use the following schedule:
Step 1 - Weeks 1 through 4 - use one 21mg patch/day
Step 2 - Weeks 5 & 6 - use one 14mg patch/day
Step 3 - Weeks 7 &8 - use one 7mg patch/day
- If you smoke 10 or less cigarettes per day, start with Step 2 for 6 weeks, then Step 3 for 2 weeks and then stop.
- Remove backing from patch and immediately press onto skin. Hold for 10 seconds.
- Wash hands after applying or removing patch.
- The used patch should be removed and a new one applied to a different skin site at the same time each day.
- Do not wear more than one patch at a time.
- Do not cut patch in half or into smaller pieces.
- Do not leave patch on for more then 24 hours because it may irritate your skin and loses strength after 24 hours.
- Stop using the patch at the end of 8 weeks. If you still feel the need to use the patch talk to your physician.
Indication: Reduces withdrawal symptoms, including nicotine craving, associated with quitting smoking.
Medicinal Ingredient: Nicotine (synthetic), 7mg delivered across 24 hours.
Non-Medicinal Ingredients (in alphabetical order): Acrylate Adhesive, Polyester Film, Silicone Adhesive.
Warning: Keep out of the reach of children and pets. Do not smoke, use nicotine chewing gum or use any other form of nicotine while using nicotine patches. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Centre right away. Do not use nicotine patches if you are pregnant or nursing a child. Avoid becoming pregnant while using nicotine patches. If you think you are pregnant, remove the nicotine patch and see your physician. Do not use for more than 8 weeks without consulting a physician. Remove the nicotine patch and consult your physician if you experience irregular heartbeat, chest pain, palpitations or leg pain occurs or if severe persistent stomach upset (indigestion, heartburn) develops. If the area under the patch becomes swollen or very red, or if you develop a rash, remove the patch and call your physician. You could be allergic to one of the components of the patch. Remove the transdermal patch 2 hours before engaging in prolonged strenuous exercise.
Ask a physician or pharmacist before use if you are: using a non-nicotine stop smoking drug, taking a prescription medication for depression or asthma. You prescription dose may need to be adjusted.
When using this product: do not smoke even when not wearing the patch. The nicotine in your skin will still be entering your bloodstream for several hours after you take off the patch. If you have vivid dreams or other sleep disturbances, remove this patch at bedtime.
DO NOT USE A NICOTINE PATCH IF YOU: are under 18 years of age; are an occasional or non-smoker; are pregnant or nursing a child; have generalized skin conditions or allergies to adhesive tape or bandages.
Ask a physician before use if you: have ever had a heart attack, angina, heart arrythmias or a stroke; have or have ever had high blood pressure, heart disease, thyroid problems, blood circulation or stomach problems, stomach ulcers, kidney or liver disease, diabetes requiring insulin, stroke or treatment of circulation disorders of the brain, allergies to drugs, or have had any allergies to adhesive tape or bandages; are taking any prescription medications.