Microlax Micro Enema 4x5mL
MICROLAX® may be used for relief of rectal constipation and is suitable for the whole family, including babies. It may also be used as directed by a physician in preparation for a rectal examination.
MICROLAX® is a fast-acting micro-enema which works to soften stool and gently assist with bowel movements usually within 5 to 20 minutes.
- 90 mg/mL sodium citrate
- 9 mg/mL sodium lauryl sulfoacetate
- 625 mg/mL sorbitol
Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Glycerol, sorbic acid, water.
- Twist the seal of the nozzle.
- Squeeze the tube slightly so that a drop of MICROLAX® smears the tip – this will lubricate the nozzle & make insertion easier.
- Insert the nozzle fully into the rectum.
NOTE: In Children under 3 years of age, insert only half the length of the nozzle (see indication on the nozzle).
- Squeeze out the contents fully by squeezing the shoulder of the tube.
- Withdraw the nozzle still squeezing tightly.
After use, dispose of the micro-enema – so easy and hygienic.
Usual dose: Adults and children: one tube is usually sufficient, but a second tube may be needed in severe cases.